What may cause my Wealth Bonus to drop?
For every premium you pay, we invest Wealth Bonus into an investment account for you. Once Wealth Bonus has been allocated to you, it’s yours and we won’t touch it or take it away.
The only ways you might lose all or part of your Wealth Bonus are:
- You allow your policy to lapse by skipping too many premiums
- You cancel your policy
- The returns on your investment are negative (depending on the way you choose to invest your Wealth Bonus in future – for now, we only invest in Money Market by default)
- You withdraw some of your unlocked Wealth Bonus
If none of these happen, the only thing relating to Wealth Bonus that can get smaller is the amount of Wealth Bonus that we contribute. This contribution is calculated based on your premium value and current age. Here are things that could cause your Wealth Bonus contribution percentage to reduce:
- You get older
- You lower your premium value
- You cancel some existing benefits, but still have others active
- You claim on a benefit that causes it to end (e.g. Sanlam Indie Disability Cover), but your other benefits are still active
Obviously, if you withdraw your unlocked Wealth Bonus (CashDrops), your total Wealth Bonus will drop.