How do referrals work?
If you’re a Sanlam Indie policyholder, you can earn up to R1,000 toward your Wealth Bonus by letting others know about the awesomeness that you’ve discovered with us. What's more, the person you referred will earn the exact same amount - so you both get rewarded.
- If their premium is less than R200 p/m, you earn R500 toward your Wealth Bonus, and so do they
- If their premium is R200 or more p/m, you earn R1,000 toward your Wealth Bonus, and so do they
To spread the word, simply share your Sanlam Indie Share link with whomever you choose by email or text. We give you this link when you sign up with us (just check your email). Whenever your friends sign up with your link, we’ll let you know.
When do I get the cash?
Your referral reward will be added to your Wealth Bonus as soon as your friend signs up and will grow with compound interest along with the rest of you Wealth Bonus. Once the person you referred has paid the equivalent amount in premiums, the referral reward (and interest!) will be unlocked for you to withdraw, even if it’s before your next CashDrop milestone. 🎉
Still not clear? Here’s an example:
Let’s say you send your Sanlam Indie Share link to 3 of your friends and all 3 of them sign up. In this case, all of them have a premium that's less than R200 p/m, so you earn R500 towards your Wealth Bonus per friend (that's an extra R1,500 added into your Wealth Bonus). Plus, they each get an extra R500 added to their individual Wealth Bonus accounts.
If each of your friends have a R100 p/m premium, and they don't skip any payments, after 5 months you'll be able to withdraw R1,500 plus interest. (Or leave it in the account to grow with even more interest... and withdraw it any time you like.)
- You can only earn one Wealth Bonus referral award (of up to R1,000) per person you refer. We’ll be checking referee ID numbers.
- Referrals are only paid if someone takes up a Sanlam Indie policy via your unique link.
- If someone is already a Sanlam Indie policyholder they cannot be referred.
- You have to be a premium-paying client at the date we receive your referee's full payment to get your referral Wealth Bonus amount.
- There’s no limit to the number of people you can refer.
- The referral amount gets added to your CashDrop when we've received the equivalent amount's worth of premiums from your buddy.
- You are not permitted to sell, provide advice or render intermediary services as defined under the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002 (FAIS Act).
- The Referral reward system is a limited offer and can be discontinued at any stage.
- Referral amounts allocated to specific clients will be reversed if it is found that they have abused the referral award system. Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to signing up on behalf of others, referring clients who never pay premiums, or referring existing policyholders.