Who can I add to my funeral policy?
Sanlam Indie Funeral Cover allows you to add up to 20 additional family members (so that’s 21 including yourself).
Funeral insurance isn’t underwritten, which means there are no medical checks 💉. You’ll just need to tell us the full names and South African ID numbers of the people you want to add to your policy, as well as their relationship to you.
You or your spouse can be a maximum of 60 years old, and anyone else can be up to 85 years old 👵🏽👴🏼.
You can add your:
- First cousin
- First cousin’s child
- Great grandparent
- Great grandparent-in-law
- Great grandchild
When you first take out a policy, we’ll limit the cover you can have on each life:
- Children and adults aged 14 to 85 years – R50,000 each
- Children aged 6-14 – R25,000 each
- Children aged 0-6 years – R10,000 each
This cover doubles after 2 years without any increase to your monthly premiums. So after 24 months your cover will be:
- Children and adults aged 14 to 85 years – R100,000 each
- Children aged 6-14 – R50,000 each
- Children aged 0-6 years – R20,000 each